“Ugly” and deformed food often gets left in fields to rot. How can we help reduce this food waste?
Sign Up For The Seeker Newsletter Here – http://bit.ly/1UO1PxI
USDA Food Waste FAQs
“In the United States, food waste is estimated at between 30-40 percent of the food supply. This estimate, based on estimates from USDA’s Economic Research Service of 31 percent food loss at the retail and consumer levels, corresponded to approximately 133 billion pounds and 1 billion worth of food in 2010. This amount of waste has far-reaching impacts on food security, resource conservation and climate change.”
How ‘Ugly’ Fruits and Vegetables Can Help Solve World Hunger
“Across cultures, food waste goes against the moral grain. After all, nearly 800 million people worldwide suffer from hunger. But according to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, we squander enough food-globally, 2.9 trillion pounds a year-to feed every one of them more than twice over.”
This Food Trend Isn’t Pretty – And That’s the Point
“Food Activist Jordan Figueiredo started the Ugly Fruit and Veg Instagram account a year and half ago to show how absurd it is that these quirky, imperfect foods are being thrown out. Figueiredo’s campaign now has 130,000 followers across various social media channels, and they’re growing every month.”
DNews is dedicated to satisfying your curiosity and to bringing you mind-bending stories & perspectives you won’t find anywhere else! New videos daily.
Watch More DNews on Seeker http://www.seeker.com/show/dnews/
Subscribe now! http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=dnewschannel
DNews on Twitter http://twitter.com/dnews
Trace Dominguez on Twitter https://twitter.com/tracedominguez
DNews on Facebook https://facebook.com/DiscoveryNews
DNews on Google+ http://gplus.to/dnews
Discovery News http://discoverynews.com
Sign Up For The Seeker Newsletter Here: http://bit.ly/1UO1PxI
Required fee is being sent to all concerned by post as per provisions:
1. The Secretary to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (Govt. of India).
2. The Financial Commissioner’s / Principal Secretaries / Director General of Health Services to all State’s and Union Territories in India.
Sir / Madam,
No doubt our country have strong supply and distribution network along with the effective legislation and democracy but some anti social elements twisted this system for their hidden interest due to corrupt practice, every citizen have freedom of speech, fundamental rights along with their duties as defined in our Constitution.
Adulteration in food, milk and vegetables are controlled by the Prevention of Food Adulteration Act and Rules but our system became noneffective as some food articles , grains, cereals, air, water and vegetables became polluted, consumers health / lives in dangers due to harmful chemicals, drugs, pesticides found in their food items, hence under the authority of the RTI Act, 2005 please supply me the following information:-
1. Are you satisfied with the present legislation to control the adulteration in food, grains, milk and vegetables, if yes then how – if no then why?
2. Is there any proposals to review and amend the PFA Act and Rules for decentralization of power and authority to collect samples, seize, testing along with the punishments ?
3. Is there any time limit for testing the samples and how many laboratories have complete system to detect each and every adulteration in all kinds of food articles, oxytocin injections contents in milk even? Please give us their addresses, facilities and equipments available with them.
4.How many samples collected, by whom, articles seized, testing report period, testing results along with type of adulteration, particulars of all accused with their addresses, present status of pending / decided court cases from April 2000 on wards till date ?
5. How many accused convicted / acquitted since April 2000 on wards till date and how many accused went in appeal ?
6. Action taken report of complaint No. 256 and 260 lodged with the Directorate of the Prevention of Food Adulteration, Delhi
by the undersigned.
Representative of the International Organization for Animal Protection in India,
C-38, Rose Apartment, Prashant Vihar, Sector -14,
ROHINI, DELHI – 110085.
Chairman – PFA Haryana
Mobile – +91-9813010595
– +91- 9313312099
My book – http://nareshkadyanbook.blogspot.com/
Video Rating: / 5