Archive for the ‘How To Make An Article Sample’ Category
Reading through a Washington Post article about mummies, climate change, and how these two concepts relate.
Textbroker writing samples are a vital part of your profile. They can lead to gaining more clients and team invites. In this video, I’ll share 8 tips to help you create a good sample of your abilities to attract opportunities.
Today, I cover:
1. Treat Samples Like Actual Orders – The best way you can really impact a client’s decision to send you a direct order or an invite to a team is by treating the samples as real orders.
2. Always Create Something Unique – Never copy and paste an article as your writing sample, even if it’s something you’ve created in the past. It’s always best to create something fresh specifically for a Textbroker writing sample.
3. Pick Something You’re Interested In – You have access to 20 different types of content as your writing sample. Pick three that you are most interested in creating. Also, pick topics you have knowledge of. It makes creating the samples easier and often of better quality.
4. Research the Topic – Even if the topic is something you know, always do your research. Clients want to know that you will provide the most current and factual information possible.
5. Keep It Short – If you’re creating in-depth articles, keep between 500 and 1000 words is ideal. Remember, this is a sample of your ability and doesn’t need to be a full-sized article.
6. Take Your Time – A Textbroker writing sample doesn’t need to appear as rushed. Take your time and make sure it comes out as close to perfect as you can make it.
7. Don’t Forget to Proofread and Grammar Check – Proofread, proofread and proofread again. You want to make sure the content is adhering to AP style layout, spelling and grammatical nuances.
8. Update Your Samples Regularly – I usually suggest authors update their writing samples every six months. This is because your skills, abilities and interests will evolve over time.
Should You Use Tools Like Grammarly?
That is up to you. Things like Grammarly have potential to be beneficial as long as you’re willing to learn from the system.
How Do I Create My Samples?
I use WordPress and Yoast SEO. Not only does it keep track of keywords and phrases, but it also helps you create more engaging content based on expert practices.
I also use the Proofread module in the Jetpack plugin for WordPress. It doesn’t catch everything, but it does greatly reduce mistakes after you proofread your own work.
For help on structuring the content of your writing sample, check out my 11 tips for writing the Textbroker samples: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4Kt0tznNjg
#FreelanceWriting #WritingFromHome #TextbrokerTips
For more information, visit: https://writersanctuary.com
Read Some of My Work at Wattpad: https://www.wattpad.com/user/MichaelBrockbank
A basic guide to integrating research sources and common knowledge into the flow of your essay: tips, tricks and techniques for summaries, paraphrases and quotes with citations. Distinction between general knowledge and common knowledge.
Video Rating: / 5