Walking you through my analysis of the “Survey Looks at Heath of American Gays, Lesbians” Article.
Be sure to answer all of the following using complete sentences. Please restate the question when providing your answers. This written assignment can be typed or neatly handwritten; double spaced is preferred.
1. State the title of your article including the source and date published. Give a 1-2 sentence summary of the article.
2. Is this study descriptive statistics or inferential statistics? Explain your answer.
3. Identify 3 variables used in the study. For each variable, identify and explain:
a. If the variable is Quantitative or Qualitative
b. If the variable is Discrete or Continuous or Neither
c. The highest level of measurement for the variable (Nominal, Ordinal, Interval, Ratio)
4. What is the larger population under study (i.e. the larger group the sample comes from)?
5. Does the article identify the size of the sample and/or how the sample was obtained? If so, state the sample size and/or the sampling technique used. If not, suggest a non-biased way the sample could have been obtained.