Axel Zein promotes a new way we manage businesses today: think of business as a sport. In sports, the team is decisive; the team with the best players usually wins. And sports are fun. So what qualifies a manager to be the perfect coach for his team?
Who is doing the work in a normal company? It is not the CEO, not the managers but the engineers, the guys on the shop floor and the sales reps. They are the players on the ield. A manager is supposed to be their coach. But we are not educated to be coaches. During our careers we usually encounter a couple of really bad bosses, many mediocre managers and only a few outstanding ones.
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized.* (*Subject to certain rules and regulations)
She’s a British novelist best known as the author of the Harry Potter fantasy series.
The books have gained worldwide attention, won multiple awards, and sold more than 400 million copies.
In 2004, Forbes named her as the first person to become a billionaire by writing books.
She’s J.K. Rowling and here are her Top 10 Rules for Success.
* Join my BELIEVE newsletter: http://www.evancarmichael.com/newsletter/
1. Failure helps you discovers yourself
She went from living on state benefits to multi-millionaire status within 5 years.
2. Take action on your ideas
The Harry Potter books have become the best-selling book series in history.
3. You will be criticized
Anticipating that the target audience of young boys might not want to read a book written by a woman, her publishers asked that she use two initials, rather than her full name.
4. Remember where you started
She was diagnosed with clinical depression which she claims gave her inspiration to create the Dementors in the Potter series.
Twelve publishing houses rejected her original Harry Potter manuscripts, but eventually small publisher Bloomsbury gave her a chance with a small advance.
6. There is always trepidation
She conceived the idea for Harry Potter in 1990. The 7 years that followed saw the death of her mother, divorce from her first husband and relative poverty until Rowling finished the first novel.
7. Life is not a checklist of achievements
She named communist and civil rights activist Jessica Mitford as her “most influential writer”.
She’s the United Kingdom’s best-selling living author, with sales in excess of £238m.
9. Dreams can happen
In 2010, she was named the “Most Influential Woman in Britain” by leading magazine editors.
10. We have the power to imagine better
Harry Potter is now a global brand worth an estimated US billion.
Great video Evan. Can you make something on JK Rowling? i believe she has an inspiring story. Perfect example of someone going from rags to riches.
WHAT IS BTA?
* Find out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsY8bmTUVP8
* Subscribe to my channel: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=Modelingthemasters
* Leave a comment, thumbs up the video (please!)
* Suppport me: http://www.evancarmichael.com/support/
* #Entspresso – Weekdays at 7am EST : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiZj-Ik9MmM0-kQSSs3Ua5wExlz1HwRRs
* Lunch & Earn – Weekdays at 12pm EST: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiZj-Ik9MmM1j5wXSEqRxhu_MK0g4TA4M
* Top 10 Rules for Success – Weekdays at 8pm EST: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiZj-Ik9MmM0VWRGYCfuUCdyhKfU733WX
* #Entvironment – Saturdays at 7am EST: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiZj-Ik9MmM3ZvpIdZoneTe1KYCVcmfbF
* #EvansBook – Saturdays at 8pm EST: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiZj-Ik9MmM1tNSh0CjOsqIg1fw7bAPt4
* #BelieveLife – Sundays at 7am EST: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiZj-Ik9MmM207_RQCOPAwZdKYXQ4cqjV
* Life with Evan – Sundays at 8pm EST: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiZj-Ik9MmM19tzfHH_VJOnghbfdRPZjS
Here’s the long awaited updated version of how I take notes! This technique has saved me this semester as I don’t have to write separate lecture notes and textbook notes, and I hope it can help you as well! ☺️
I’ve been on a little break from social media these last few weeks, just to focus on my studies, family and friends. I’m finally seeing the end of exam season (only 1 exam to go!), and Christmas is finally around the corner. I hope everything is going well for all of you who have finals at the moment, and I wish everyone who celebrate all the best for the holiday season! ❤️
Small tip; if you don’t already follow my Instagram, you should check it out! I post updates quite frequently there, so you’ll know when there will be a new video.
Anyway, I hope you’re all well. Take care ❤️
– Notepad: EMO college grid paper (generic brand from a local bookstore)
– Pens: pilot frixion 0.5mm needle point
– Coloured pens: uniball signo erasable pens
– Thicker pens: pilot frixion color pens
– Ruler: staples
– «Eraser»: pilot friction eraser
– Sticky notes: Clas Ohlson
FAQ (will not be answered in comments):
Which grade are you in?
– I’m in my first year of university, studying medical technology!
How old are you/where do you live/what’s your name?
– I’m Therese, 21 years old from Norway (please check my IG FAQ before commenting something rude regarding my age! Thank you)
Can you send me your notes, or do you sell them?
– I post some of my notes on Instagram, and other than that I don’t share/sell them, I’m sorry!
SOCIAL MEDIA AND CONTACT INFORMATION:
My instagram: instagram.com/studytee
For business enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Non-business enquiries will not be answered on this mail address. If you’d like to ask me a question or send me a message then please send me a DM on instagram!)
Music by https://soundcloud.com/lakeyinspired and https://soundcloud.com/ikson
Camera used: canon eos m3 with 40mm lense
I edit my videos using iMovie, and my thumbnails are made in Canva! Video Rating: / 5