Learn how to get started writing for magazines, how to build a portfolio and get around the “no experience” issue, how and what to pitch to a magazine, and “dos and don’ts” of communicating with an editor. With Linda Formichelli (veteran freelance writer for Redbook, WebMD, Women’s Health, Family Circle, Writer’s Digest and more), and Laura Pepper Wu, Editor at The Write Life Magazine. www.thewritelifemagazine.com. Video Rating: / 5
When pitching a magazine story, match the story to the magazine and follow the submission guidelines. Pitch a magazine story successfully with tips from an author in this free video on writing techniques.
Bio: John Graden is an internationally acclaimed speaker, author and pioneering entrepreneur.
Filmmaker: Christopher Rokosz Video Rating: / 5
Click Here to read more: http://howtowriteanarticle.org/how-to-write-an-article-in-10-easy-steps/
Writing a magazine, or characteristic, article differs from newspaper articles in that maximum magazines allow more area to broaden a story (the article is longer) and more time to analyze it. Writing for a information mag most resembles newspaper articles. Anyways, it’s far nonetheless critical in this form of journalism to reply the 5 questions:
What (or what happened)?
WhiteSmoke (who) affords you with the excellent on line English writing software program (what) whenever you’re writing (while), in any software program you operate anywhere inside the world (wherein), due to the fact its specific all-in-one-solution includes English grammar software, spell check software program, a web dictionary, a glossary software program, and distinct writing enhancement tool in one clean-to-use interface (why and how).
The rest of a mag article elaborates on those questions, often in a few element. A characteristic article specifically will pass extensive on a subject, giving readers historical past and angle on “the story at the back of a story” or “the person at the back of a story.” some other type of function article, the journey article, specializes in an area or occasion in which readers may like to head (or simply to understand about).
Mag articles encompass pix and graphic artwork greater frequently than newspaper articles. Sometimes a mag article is an extended interview with a famous man or woman, an essential individual, or an thrilling character.
In case you need to be paid to put in writing an editorial, here are a few article writing recommendations:
read the mag that you need to publish your article in so you are very acquainted with its style, themes, layout and the opposite writers
check the masthead of the magazine to look its regulations about accepting unsolicited articles–most require a question letter
make certain you’ve got researched the topic you’ll write about very well
Write a good question letter–be sure to use WhiteSmoke English grammar software as editors do not like mistakes in question letters
o include records about any beyond publications
o provide historical past on the story and how it suits into the magazine’s layout and content material–show your familiarity with the magazine.
Click Here to read more: http://howtowriteanarticle.org/how-to-write-an-article-in-10-easy-steps/
o listing any assets and special knowledge you’ve got related to the item
o talk the way you envision drawing close the challenge for your article
5. Keep discovering your article, but don’t begin writing till you’ve heard from the editor, who would possibly advocate a unique direction, other resources, or maybe a distinct subject
6. As soon as the editor has given the green mild, write the object
7. Use WhiteSmoke’s dictionary and word list to locate the precise language you want on your article
eight. Use WhiteSmoke English grammar take a look at and spell test to prevent errors
nine. End on-time and to-length–comply with the writing guidelines, supplied by using the editor, inside the magazine, or on its net web page, precisely
10. Use WhiteSmoke English writing software as you write–you’ll write a higher article if you do!
To jot down an awesome mag article, use WhiteSmoke English writing software program. This English grammar software program will test spelling, punctuation, and grammar. It’ll suggest robust phrases to improve your writing, along with adjectives and adverbs. Its dictionary and thesaurus will guarantee that you can pick out the phrase that precisely suits your meaning. Buy WhiteSmoke now, for all of your writing wishes!
Click Here to read more: http://howtowriteanarticle.org/how-to-write-an-article-in-10-easy-steps/ Video Rating: / 5
1. Writing magazines for articles is a tough job. Well, at least, if you’re just starting out. Writing these types of articles require hard work, patience, and determination. There’s simply no getting around it. You need to develop certain skills (writing, research, interviewing skills, etc.), make time to develop an idea that will really sell, and exert conscious effort to get it written. Don’t get me wrong — I am not saying that it’s impossible to succeed in this field. What I am saying is that the road can be bumpy but with perseverance and hard work, you’ll get there eventually.
2. Be ready for stiff competition. You’re not the only one who wants to make money by writing articles for magazines. In fact, there are millions of people out there who’ll be happy to work from home and get fat paychecks each time their articles are published. You can get ahead of the competition by simply being the best one in this field. Making this happen will take a lot of time. Start by improving your skills, learning from the experts, understanding your audience, being passionate on what you do, etc.
3. Get idea on how much you’ll make in the long run. You might ask me, is it all worth it? Well, let me tell you that writing articles for these publications is one of the most lucrative ways to make money from your writing skills. There are people out there who are getting paid as much as $ 1,500 per article.
4. Pick the magazines that you’ll write your articles for. For your own advantage, choose those magazines which themes are aligned to your interests and areas of expertise. Through this, you can make the whole thing not only fruitful but enjoyable as well. List down all the topics that you would like to write about and rank them base on your preferences. Then, list down the magazines that might be interested in these topics. Pick those ones that are popular and those who’ll most likely to pay you more.
5. Know what your chosen magazines are looking for. It’s imperative that you carefully study your chosen magazines. This will surely increase your chances of getting them to buy your articles. Start by reading the masthead and take note of the various kinds of editors. Also, determine if they’re accepting submission from freelance writers. Then, study their table of contents and the usual types of articles that they publish. It will also help if you read the letters that are addressed to the editors. This will give you a feel for the audience.
6. Increase the chances of your articles being published. Capture the attention of editors by making sure that your articles are the best that they’ve ever seen. Talk about topics that are relatively new or those that were not yet explored by their other writers. Offer useful, refreshing information particularly those that will interest your target audience. Also, ensure that your articles are well-written, entertaining, and engaging. Lastly, ensure that you write them base on the requirements and preferences of the editors.
Sean Mize teaches coaches, consultants, and small business owners how to package their knowledge and sell it at a high price.
Yes, you too can learn how to build yourself and your business popularity on the internet. By learning how to do it right, you can easily start up a freelance writing business, drive traffic to a website to convert into customers as well as boost your page rank on most search engines.
You will actually gain a host of benefits when you write articles for the internet. Giving out substantial and helpful pieces of information by writing articles is a cost-effective way of building yourself as a real expert of your field. If you have a website, this is one of the excellent tools for driving traffic. And we know that traffic means a lot for every online business. Without traffic, there are no prospects to convert into sales and therefore there is no way to earn profits.
Writing articles has become a time-tested online marketing tool. Most online marketers have been doing this as part of their internet marketing strategy as this is a popular method of driving loads of traffic. How? In a number of amazing ways! For instance, when your articles get published on websites or ezines, you can get a potential number of traffic without spending money at all as you create a link to your site via the bio box. Not only that, this marketing method can also boost your pagerank because of the single links pointing to your website.
Today, as nearly everyone lives on the internet, writing articles and publishing them on as many websites can bring a lot of benefits for you and your business. It is not difficult to learn how to write articles to be published over the internet. You too can learn it.
Perhaps, you might ask, what articles should I write about? Well, as many love to feast on whats currently hot and trending, this would be the best hint for you on what to write about. Think about the most hotly discussed topic either in the real or virtual world and relate it to your business or product that you want to promote and voila! You will have something relevant to write about. This is an effective method of drawing more readers and eventually driving traffic to convert into customers.
Writing articles provide a huge opportunity to promote your business and get search engine ranking for free, but to effectively get the most of it, it is vitally important to remember that you need to write for the pleasure of both your readers and the search engines.
Discover more from Cherry Love about how to make money by writing articles for the internet.
Writing for magazines can fetch you a rewarding sum. However, it requires a good amount of patience and initiative from your side. Once you are determined to kick start your project, there is no stopping. If you would like to write articles for magazines and have something interesting to share with your readers, here are some tips to polish your skills and motivate you to get ahead with the task:
a) Find your unique skill:
This may sound a little clichéd but finding your niche in the field of magazine writing is the most important thing to make it to the top. When you start writing for a magazine, start writing what you actually know. This will make it easier, confident and convenient for you. Here, you need to find out what holds your interest the most and what would you want to write on. Find your niche as a writer and start coming up with some interesting ideas related to the article. For instance, if you are a healthy freak, love to read about it and find various ways to enhance health and fight common health related problems, you must write articles that emphasize on good health. You would definitely come out with flying colors. To sum up, writing what you know is the best way to get started. The editors will show good interest in your article if you are successful in proving your knowledge about a specific subject.
b) Do quality research:
The first most important thing you need to do once you have short listed a topic to write is to do some research. Know your target publication and get many copies. Read these copies carefully. It is also important to take care of the length of the articles.
c) Discuss your idea:
It would be good to discuss your idea with the editor. You may get some help.
d) Listen to the advise:
When you discuss your idea with the editor, it would be great to listen to your editor’s advice carefully.
e) The guidelines:
Once you start writing the articles, it would be great to stay within the guidelines of the publications. Word count is an important aspect when you write articles for a magazine.
f) Act as a professional:
If you want your work to be appreciated by the professionals in the industry, you need to act as a professional. Take care of the minutest requirements such as the submission format.
g) Communicate as and when required:
When you start writing an article, do not stay away from having an effective professional and advice seeking communication with the editor time and again. This will let the editor know how concerned and serious you are in your work. Do not hesitate to query him or her about your doubts or a follow-up piece.
h) Reader’s attention:
Take care of the reader when writing an article. It is important to grab the attention of the reader right from the beginning. This is the only way to attract a lot of readership to your articles.