What is a scholarly article? How can you tell if an article you’ve found is scholarly?
More info about parts of a scholarly article: http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/tutorials/scholarly-articles/
Is this journal peer-reviewed? http://youtu.be/sXoAuDIdsrM
Use Google Scholar to find full-text of articles: http://youtu.be/PIIO2n3N5P8
Additional photo credit (pages): http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipdegirl/7827785878/
We want your feedback! What do you think of this video? Fill out a quick survey to let us know what you think: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/J9QWNY8
Article Writing Jobs for Moms, students, Beginners, http://penjob.org
Article Writing Jobs university students, Freelance Writing Jobs in Pakistan, Online article writing jobs, Quality Article Writers needed, Content and Article writing jobs for india, earn money as freelance writer, get paid to write articles, Video Rating: / 5
Article writing is a very different style of writing and requires a different approach from the essay. In this lesson, we look at how to write for the Cambridge tests, as well as how to write for the web, including blogs and newsletters. Find out how to use a more playful language to capture a reader’s attention.
What if you discovered a simple 3 step system that you can use today to boost your skills for better article marketing? Here are 3 simple steps to get you started.
Step 1 – Attractive titles.
Step 2 – The inverted pyramid arrangement of words.
Step 3 – Cross checking of content.
Here are step by step details that you can apply quickly and easily.
Step 1 – Attractive titles.
A prospective client’s interest in your article might depend solely on the first impression that he may get from your article’s title. If a client is impressed with the content that you use to describe your article then it is safe to say that half the battle is won. Once the heading part of the article is sorted out we can move on to the structuring of the article.
Step 2 – The inverted pyramid arrangement of words.
The arrangement of words describing your article should follow what many may call the “inverted pyramid structure”. By inverted pyramid structure what we mean is that to start with the first paragraph should consist of much more matter and the amount of words can be reduced for next paragraph. Once the content is completed we need to read through the article.
Step 3 – Cross checking of content.
It’s always advisable to read through the article just to be sure of the quality of the matter that has been entered. Some may feel this step to be time consuming or unnecessary but even for experts of this field it is required for them to proofread to avoid any errors. You will be amazed at the number of mistakes that you can uncover after cross reading of your article and also to avoid any embarrassment that you could have caused to yourself or your business due to them.
It is important to get started using the above information starting today.
Do you want to learn more about how I do it? I have just completed my brand new guide to article writing success, “Your Article Writing and Promotion Guide.” Download it free here: Article Writing.
more at http://quickfound.net/links/military_news_and_links.html
“Department of Defense. Department of the Army… SETS FORTH THE PRINCIPLE THAT THEAMERICAN SOLDIER SHOULD ‘NEVER SURRENDER’ TO THE ENEMY EVEN IN THE FACE OF IMMINENT DEATH OR CAPTURE”
NEW VERSION with improved video & sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq5eZgKDchU
US Army film AIF-6
Public domain film from the National Archives, slightly cropped to remove uneven edges, with the aspect ratio corrected, and mild video noise reduction applied.
The soundtrack was also processed with volume normalization, noise reduction, clipping reduction, and equalization.
Wikipedia license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/
The Code of the U.S. Fighting Force is a code of conduct that is an “ethical guide” and a United States Department of Defense directive consisting of six articles to members of the U.S. armed forces addressing how U.S. personnel in combat should act when they must “evade capture, resist while a prisoner or escape from the enemy.” It is considered an important part of U.S. military doctrine but is not formal military law in the manner of the Uniform Code of Military Justice and public international law (such as the Geneva Conventions).
Colonel Franklin Brooke Nihart, USMC, worked at Marine Corps headquarters throughout the summer of 1955, outlined his ideas in longhand and the Code of Conduct was established with the issuance of Executive Order 10631 by President Dwight D. Eisenhower on 17 August 1955, after the Korean War. It has been modified twice—once in 1977 by President Jimmy Carter in Executive Order 12017, and most recently in President Ronald Reagan’s Executive Order 12633 of March 1988, which amended the code to make it gender-neutral.
Notably, the code prohibits surrender except when “all reasonable means of resistance [are] exhausted and…certain death the only alternative,” enjoins captured Americans to “resist by all means available” and “make every effort to escape and aid others,” and bars the acceptance of parole or special favors from enemies. The code also outlines proper conduct for American prisoners of war, reaffirms that under the Geneva Conventions prisoners of war should give “name, rank, service number, and date of birth” and requires that under interrogation captured military personnel should “evade answering further questions to the utmost of my ability.”
Text of the code…
– …3. Code of Conduct II
– a. I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command, I will never surrender the members of my command while they still have the means to resist.
– b. As an individual, a member of the armed forces may never voluntarily surrender. When isolated and no longer able to inflict casualties on the enemy, the American soldier has an obligation to evade capture and rejoin friendly forces.
– c. Only when evasion by an individual is impossible and further fighting would lead only to death with no significant loss to the enemy should one consider surrender. With all reasonable means of resistance exhausted and with certain death the only alternative, capture does not imply dishonor.
– d. The responsibility and authority of a commander never extends to the surrender of a command to the enemy while the command has the power to fight and evade. When isolated, cut off or surrounded, a unit must continue to fight until relieved or able to rejoin friendly forces through continued efforts to break out or evade the enemy…
http://www.courtmartialattorneys.com UCMJ Article 89 Disrespect Toward a Superior Commissioned Officer Military Lawyer max sentence punishment in a military court martial. Call 1-866-969-9860 to consult with a court martial defense lawyer. Video Rating: / 5
There are only few effective free lead-generating tools these days that can easily help you boost your sales and revenue. One of them is article writing. When you write an article about topics that are closely related to your chosen niche, you are basically hitting two birds with one stone; you show off your specialized knowledge and you give your target market valuable information. As a result, you position yourself as an industry leader while you increase the trust level of your prospects. As you know, these can help you boost your sales potential in no time.
Here’s how you can excel with article writing so you can generate more clients:
1. Involve your audience. If you want to make your articles to sound like they are all about your readers, I recommend that you spend time with these people so you can really get to know what they would like to see on your articles. Know what information that they are looking for, the writing format they prefer, and the language that they can easily identify with.
2. Use intriguing titles. Increase your chances of convincing people to open your articles by giving them attention-grabbing titles that can spark curiosity. You can give your target market a solid idea as to what kind of information they can find on your content or simply target their emotions. Either way, I am sure you’ll be able to get them to act on your favor right away.
3. Make your first paragraph interesting. Keep in mind that online users have very limited attention span. If they read your article’s first 100 words and if they don’t see anything worth knowing, you can be assured that they will not waste a single more minute and they will close your articles in a heartbeat. You don’t want this to happen, do you? So, make sure that your first paragraph is very powerful that it can hold the interest of your readers all throughout.
4. Write fresh topics. Instead of writing the same old topics over and over again, consider giving your readers, particularly your loyal followers with up-to-date information. Write about fresh topics that have direct impact on your chosen niche and give your readers some information that they haven’t heard before. This is one of the best things that you can do to impress your readers.
Do you want to learn more about how I do it? I have just completed a brand new free guide.
One of the fundamental premises of article marketing is the development of trust between the writer and the reader. The author makes a promise with his article and the reader reciprocates by visiting the author’s site.
1. Give and Take: Every transaction involves some give and take. You offer a product but expect the customer to pay for it. You express respect for someone and expect respect in return. Similarly, articles also serve a purpose. You supply information and expect the reader to visit your site. So far it is alright. But many authors make the mistake of blatantly advertising their products in the articles they write. They think that readers will be impressed with their product features. However, it is not so. Readers are interested in the information they are searching for and not for your products. Although it is correct to say that your products will solve the reader’s problem but the article is not the right place to advertise. You can sell your products on your site.
2. The ace up your sleeve: It is your responsibility as an author to provide the complete information to the reader. He must not feel that you have cheated him by promising to provide information in the title but not keeping the promise in the article. However, stopping at giving information will not suit your purpose. If the user is satisfied with your article, he will thank you and move on. There is no reason for him to visit your site. So you must have something more that will entice the user to click on the link in your resource box. You must mention that if the reader visits your site, then he might find more valuable information. Or you might create a pull by offering a free download of your e-book from your site. Do not just depend on the article but make a conscious effort to give a reason to the user to visit your site.
3. Promise of value: Your article titles must promise value to the user if he reads the article. Therefore, they must be constructed in ways that will make the value immediately apparent. For instance, a title like – ‘5 latest ways to improve presentation skills’ promises to give the reader 5 ways. So any reader who has read a lot about presentations will be attracted by the title ‘5 latest ways’. And then you must ensure that you explain the 5 ways. If you do not, the reader will be disappointed.
Keep the above 3 principles in mind while writing all your articles. They form the basis for successful article marketing.
Do you want to learn more about how I do it? I have just completed my brand new guide to article writing to build your list: Download it free here: Secrets of Article Writing.
— Created using PowToon — Free sign up at http://www.powtoon.com/youtube/ — Create animated videos and animated presentations for free. PowToon is a free tool that allows you to develop cool animated clips and animated presentations for your website, office meeting, sales pitch, nonprofit fundraiser, product launch, video resume, or anything else you could use an animated explainer video. PowToon’s animation templates help you create animated presentations and animated explainer videos from scratch. Anyone can produce awesome animations quickly with PowToon, without the cost or hassle other professional animation services require.
http://www.mikedauplaise.com/featurearticlewriting An introduction to a free report on how to write better feature articles from award-winning writer Mike Dauplaise. Video Rating: / 5